I’m amped to do everything in my power to help you kickstart 2013 strong so you install superb habits of the mind, body and behavior.
Today is all about 62 quick, actionable and unforgettable tips that will move you to break free of old patterns, stop being the victim and leap into high gear to get your giant goals done.
62 FAST TIPS TO GET UNSTUCK
By Robin Sharma[note color=”#fdf3c8″]
- Believe in your vision and gifts when no one else believes in your vision and gifts.
- Start your day with 20 minutes of exercise.
- Make excellence your way of being (versus a once in a while event).
- Be on time (bonus points: be early).
- Be a celebrator of other’s talents versus a critic.
- Stop watching TV. (Bonus points: sell your tv and invest the cash in learning and self-education).
- Finish what you start.
- Remember that your diet affects your moods so eat like an athlete.
- Spend an hour a day without stimulation (no phone+no FaceBook+no noise).
- Release the energy vampires from your life. They are destroying your performance.
- Write in a journal every morning. And record gratitude every night.
- Do work that scares you (if you’re not uncomfortable often, you’re not growing very much).
- Make the choice to let go of your past. It’s dusty history. And polluting your future.
- Commit to being “Mozart-Level Good” at your work.
- Smile more (and tell your face).
- Do a collage filled with images of your ideal life. Look at it once a day for focus and inspiration.
- Plan your week on a schedule (clarity is the DNA of mastery).
- Stop gossiping (average people love gossip; exceptional people adore ideas).
- Read “As You Think”.
- Read “The Go-Getter”.
- Don’t just parent your kids–develop them.
- Remember that victims are frightened by change. And leaders grow inspired by it.
- Start taking daily supplements to stay in peak health.
- Clean out any form of “victimspeak” in your vocabulary and start running the language of leadership and possibility.
- Do a nature walk at least once a week. It’ll renew you (you can’t inspire others if you’re depleted yourself).
- Take on projects no one else will take on. Set goals no one else will do.
- Do something that makes you feel uncomfortable at least once every 7 days.
- Say “sorry” when you know you should say “sorry”.
- Say “please” and “thank you” a lot.
- Remember that to double your income, triple your investment in learning, coaching and self-education.
- Dream big but start now.
- Achieve 5 little goals each day (“The Daily 5 Concept” I shared in “The Leader Who Had No Title” that has transformed the lives of so many). In 12 months this habit will produce 1850 little goals–which will amount to a massive transformation.
- Write handwritten thank you notes to your customers, teammates and family members.
- Be slow to criticize and fast to praise.
- Read Walter Isaacson’s amazing biography on Steve Jobs.
- Give your customers 10X the value they pay for (“The 10X Value Obsession”).
- Use the first 90 minutes of your work day only on value-creating activities (versus checking email or surfing the Net).
- Keep your promises.
- Remember that ordinary people talk about their goals. Leaders get them done. With speed.
- Watch the inspirational documentary “Jiro Dreams of Sushi”.
- Know that a problem only becomes a problem when you choose to see it as a problem.
- Brain tattoo the fact that all work is a chance to change the world.
- Watch the amazing movie “The Intouchables”.
- Remember that every person you meet has a story to tell, a lesson to teach and a dream to do.
- Risk being rejected. All of the great ones do.
- Spend more time in art galleries. Art inspires, stimulates creativity and pushes boundaries.
- Read a book a week, invest in a course every month and attend a workshop every quarter.
- Remember that you empower what you complain about.
- Get to know yourself. The main reason we procrastinate on our goals is not because of external conditions; we procrastinate due to our internal beliefs. And the thing is they are stuck so deep that we don’t even know they exist. But once you do, everything changes.
- Read “Jonathan Livingston Seagull”.
- Know your values. And then have the guts to live them–no matter what the crowd thinks and how the herd lives.
- Become the fittest person you know.
- Become the strongest person you know.
- Become the kindest person you know.
- Know your “Big 5″–the 5 goals you absolutely must achieve by December 31 to make this year your best yet (I teach my entire goal-achieving process, my advanced techniques on unleashing confidence and how to go from being stuck to living a life you adore in my online program “Your Absolute Best Year Yet”).
- Know that potential unexpressed turns to pain.
- Build a strong family foundation while you grow your ideal career.
- Stop being selfish.
- Give your life to a project bigger than yourself.
- Be thankful for your talents.
- Stand for iconic. Go for legendary. And make history.
This is YOUR time. Now’s YOUR moment. Let’s do this!